ExtraFax for Exchange 4.0 is available for download now!
* New fixes and updates -
New Product Announcement - October 15, 2018
Extracomm Inc. is proud to announce the availability of ExtraFax for Microsoft Exchange 4.0. This new major release contains many new features, essential enhancements and fixes as described below.
What's New in ExtraFax for Microsoft Exchange 4.0
* New features and enhancements - This version contains the following useful new features and enhancements:
ExtraFax for Microsoft Exchange 4.0 contains several fixes and updates:
- Script error when installing SMTP feature during Initial Setup. Fixed.
- For emails generated by "Organization" -> "Send emails to the following recipients when there is no matching Inbound Routing rule for a fax", incomplete faxes are not included.
- Failed to configure routing inbound faxes to Dropbox because Dropbox API v1 is deprecated. Fixed.
- Failed to configure routing inbound faxes to OneDrive because Office 365 discovery service is deprecated. Fixed.
- For routed faxes, the sender email domain should use fax domain instead of Windows domain. Fixed.
For new installation, please:
1. Follow the installation instructions mentioned in ExtraFax Installation Guide.
How to upgrade from a previous version of ExtraFax for Exchange:
Important: Please make sure you have a valid ExtraFax 4.0 license key before upgrading. License keys from any previous version are not compatible.
You can upgrade to this version if you have purchased our Maintenance Plus Plan.
Please kindly contact our Authorized Reseller or Extracomm Sales Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for maintenance plan pricing.
1. Backup your existing ExtraFax SQL Database and make note of any customizations.
2. If possible, please also back up your existing ExtraFax installation folder (e.g. C:\Extracomm\ExtraFax for Exchange).
3. Open ExtraFax Management Console. Stop all ExtraFax services.
4. In ExtraFax Management Console. Double-click License. Enter the new license key. Quit the ExtraFax Management Console.
(You can choose to update the license key after step 6. In that case, you can skip step 3.)
5. Run the new ExtraFax setup program to start installing the latest version of ExtraFax. You can perform in-place upgrades. There is no need to un-install the previous version of ExtraFax before installing ExtraFax for Exchange 4.0.
6. At the end of the installation, you will be asked to open the ExtraFax Management Console. Please open it. This will connect to the SQL Server and upgrade the database.
7. You will see a confirmation dialog box on success of the database upgrade. ExtraFax services will be started automatically.
ExtraFax for Exchange Product Page
Request a Live Web Demo
Request Product Quotation
Download ExtraFax for Exchange
ExtraFax Virtualization for Microsoft Exchange Quick Reference Guide
For more information on ExtraFax for Exchange, please contact Extracomm
or an Authorized Extracomm Reseller