ExtraFax 9.5.1 is available for download now!
New Product Announcement - April 20, 2017
Extracomm Inc. is proud to announce the availability of ExtraFax 9.5.1 for IBM Notes/Domino. This new maintenance release contains many innovative new features, essential enhancements and critical fixes as described below.
What's New in ExtraFax 9.5.1
* New features and enhancements - This version contains the following useful new features and enhancements:
- ExtraFax now supports installations on Windows Server 2016
- ExtraFax now supports the use of Brooktrout 6.7.5 drivers
- Support using ABBYY Recognition Server to generate searchable PDF files for sent and/or received faxes
- Capability to send and receive faxes with TE-SYSTEMS XCAPI
- Capability to calculate outbound fax charges by page
- Brooktrout Fax: Improve fax success rate by disabling V.34 modulation automatically when retrying to send a fax job
* New fixes and updates - ExtraFax 9.5.1 contains several fixes and updates since ExtraFax 9.5:
- Prevent fax jobs from hanging in the Newly Submitted state if someone has cancelled a fax job while ExtraFax is trying to render its attachment
- Separate waiting and processing queues for Fax and SMS/MMS in order to avoid having potential waiting time
- Junk Fax Protection: "DID/DTMF not explicitly defined in any Inbound Routing documents" can now work properly even multiple DID/DTMF codes have been defined in a single Inbound Routing document
- Avoid using GhostScript for rendering dynamic XFA PDF form
- Avoid having recipients of a previous fax job be added to the current outbound fax job unexpectedly
- Avoid having unexpected server/user name be added to the subject of the routed inbound faxes
- Fixed potential problem of setting an incorrect value to the $Authors field when sending faxes through SMTP
- Fixed problem in assigning default values to some of the fields in User Preferences document
- Addressed problem in routing inbound faxes if the recipient name contains a comma character
- Addressed potential issue in sending email notification upon new fax received
- Added fields for specifying additional readers to Sent/Received Logs
- Hide the signature section from the mailed Sent Log
- Port Server: Fixed not all ports being displayed in the ExtraFax Log viewer
For new installation, please:
Follow the installation instructions mentioned in ExtraFax Installation Guide.
How to upgrade from a previous version of ExtraFax:
Important: Please make sure you have a valid ExtraFax 9.5.1 license key before upgrading. License keys from any previous version are not compatible.
You can upgrade to this version if you have purchased our Maintenance Plus Plan or Standard Maintenance Plan for ExtraFax 9.5.
Please kindly contact our Authorized Reseller or Extracomm Sales Team at email@example.com for maintenance plan pricing.
* SMS/MMS port is under license (port/channel) control.
For ExtraFax Enterprise and Standard licenses, SMS/MMS port will be counted as one fax board channel.
For ExtraFax Lite and UltraLite licenses, SMS/MMS port will be counted as one fax modem port.
1. Backup your existing extrafax.nsf and make note of any customizations. In advance of upgrading ExtraFax you should make sure that the design elements in your extrafax.nsf are not marked as "Prohibit design refresh or replace to modify"), otherwise the database design upgrade process may not complete properly.
2. For Brooktrout fax board users, backup the following files from Domino/Notes program directory (Brooktrout 4.9.1 or earlier version drivers), or from C:\Program Files\Brooktrout\Config directory (Brooktrout 5.2 or greater version drivers).
(Skip a particular file if it does not exist)
3. For users of Brooktrout TR1034/TruFax/SR140, if you are currently using Brooktrout 4.7.1 - 6.7.3 driver, please download and reinstall with the latest Brooktrout 6.7.5 driver.
4. Run the ExtraFax setup program to start installing the latest version of ExtraFax. You can perform in-place upgrades. There is no need to un-install the previous version of ExtraFax before installing ExtraFax 9.5.1.
5. You will now be prompted to specify the ExtraFax license key during the ExtraFax Server installation process.
6. Following the installation of ExtraFax, when you start ExtraFax it will automatically upgrade the design of extrafax.nsf (Highly Recommended) if you have chosen to do so as prompted in the setup program.
7. Following the completion of the automatic design upgrade, manually apply any previous database customizations (if any) to the post office database if necessary.
8. You can manually update the database title from the Basics tab of the Database Properties box to reflect the updated version of ExtraFax.
9. Restart the ExtraFax server and test to confirm that it is running normally.
* Discontinued support of features or devices:
The following feature / software is no longer supported beginning with ExtraFax 9.0:
|Unsupported Operating Systems||Suggested Replacement|
|Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server||Windows 7/8/10/2008/2012/2016|
|Unsupported Domino Versions||Suggested Replacement|
|IBM Notes/Domino 7.x, 8.x||IBM Notes/ Domino 8.5.x / 9.x|
|Unsupported Feature||Suggested Replacement|
|Skype SMS||None (due to the discontinuation of the Skype's Desktop API)|
The following device is no longer supported beginning with ExtraFax 8.5:
|Unsupported Device||Suggested Replacement|
|Nokia Symbian mobiles (for MMS)||Any GPRS modem, e.g. MultiTech MultiModem GPRS|
The following fax boards are no longer supported beginning with ExtraFax 8.0:
|Unsupported Device||Suggested Replacement|
|Legacy Non-RoHS Compliant Brooktrout TruFax Analog and TR114||Brooktrout TR1034|
|GammaLink||Any ExtraFax supported fax board, e.g. Brooktrout TR1034|
|Donjin||Any ExtraFax supported fax board, e.g. Brooktrout TR1034|
Download ExtraFax 9.5.1 for Notes/Domino
Maintenance Plan Descriptions
List of Resellers
ExtraFax Product Page