ExtraFax 9.0 is available for download now!
New Product Announcement - July 16, 2014
Extracomm Inc. is proud to announce the availability of ExtraFax 9.0 for Notes/Domino. This new major release contains many innovative new features, essential enhancements and critical fixes as described below.
What's New in ExtraFax 9.0
* New features and enhancements - This version contains the following useful new features and enhancements:
- ExtraFax now supports installations on Windows 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.
- ExtraFax now supports the use of the latest Brooktrout 6.7.0 driver.
- Supports the use of etherFAX for faxing.
- Supports the use of MultiModem rCell / MultiConnect rCell for SMS-Text Messages.
- Improved clustering performance and reliability.
- Automatic configuration of the suggested registry changes mentioned in the ExtraFax Native Printing FAQ.
- Ability to render PNG images embedded inside the message body of outbound fax jobs.
- Capability to send auto-reply back to the fax sender based on Caller ID or CSID.
- Capability to use DID code as the recipient's fax CSID when answering inbound calls.
- A new option to enable load-balancing of attachment rendering among clustered ExtraFax servers.
- Ability to configure the default fonts used for rendering outbound fax cover pages. Configured in the ExtraFax Server Configuration document.
- Enhanced the accuracy of barcode recognition.
- Automatic purging of old Fax archive logs.
- Capability to suspend or cancel multiple outbound fax jobs from the IBM Notes client.
- Supports use of Sender ID for SMPP SMS.
- ExtraFax SAP RFC Connector is now capable to lookup sender names from the Domino Directory.
- ExtraFax Print-to-Fax client: It is now possible to use the ExtraFax Excel add-in for facilitating printing of multiple worksheets.
- iNotes Integration: support for Domino 9.0.1 (Full or Lite mode).
* New fixes and updates - ExtraFax 9.0 contains several fixes and updates since ExtraFax 8.5.1:
- Prevent ExtraFax from terminating unexpectedly when a cover page form and its subform have the same name.
- Prevent ExtraFax from crashing after failing to print a received fax automatically to a network printer.
- Reset any waiting outbound jobs that have not been assigned to a server for processing.
- Addressed potential Domino crash when ExtraFax tries to import received faxes into extrafax.nsf.
- Prevent image-only PDF attachments from getting rendered in landscape orientation unexpectedly.
- Avoid having potential .NET Framework error during a IBM Domino server shutdown.
- Resolved condition that may occur in ExtraFax file based faxing where file attachments may not be detected properly.
- Prevent newly submitted outbound jobs from being updated unexpectedly every several seconds if the ports on the server have been switched off.
- Fixed a bug in which custom fax domain name was not being used after the recovery procedure had been performed in a clustered ExtraFax environment.
- Fixed a bug when refreshing the server status and port status for clustered ExtraFax servers.
- Fixed a bug related to the "Save and Preview" button in the Cover Page Wizard.
- Ability to automatically close the license agreement dialog box prompted by Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat when ExtraFax tries to render PDF attachments.
- Compatibility with the Mail_Enable_Mailbox_Compatibility=1 entry specified in a IBM Domino server's notes.ini.
- Compatibility with the Multitech MTCBA-H5 cellular modem for sending and receiving SMS-Text Messages.
- A new option in the Port Control document to suppress sending of ATZ command during port initialization.
- Capable to spool SMS port log messages onto the file system, so that ExtraFax Log Viewer can display the log messages.
- ExtraFax API: The FaxServer class is now thread-safe.
- ExtraFax API: The InFaxJobHeader.getStatus() function is now capable to return status "Error".
- ExtraFax API: InFaxJob.getReceivedStartTime() function is now capable to return the correct value.
* Discontinued support of features or devices:
The following feature / software is no longer supported beginning with ExtraFax 9.0:
|Unsupported Operating Systems
|Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server
|Unsupported Domino Versions
|IBM Notes/Domino 7.x
|IBM Notes/ Domino 8.x / 9.x
|None (due to the discontinuation of the Skype's Desktop API)
The following device is no longer supported beginning with ExtraFax 8.5:
|Nokia Symbian mobiles (for MMS)
|Any GPRS modem, e.g. MultiTech MultiModem GPRS
The following fax boards are no longer supported beginning with ExtraFax 8.0:
For new installation, please:
|Legacy Non-RoHS Compliant Brooktrout TruFax Analog and TR114
|Any ExtraFax supported fax board, e.g. Brooktrout TR1034
|Any ExtraFax supported fax board, e.g. Brooktrout TR1034
1. Follow the installation instructions mentioned in ExtraFax Installation Guide
How to upgrade from a previous version of ExtraFax:
Please make sure you have a valid ExtraFax 9.0 license key
before upgrading. License keys from any previous version are not compatible.
You can upgrade to this version if you have purchased our Maintenance Plus Plan
Please kindly contact our Authorized Reseller or Extracomm Sales Team at email@example.com for maintenance plan pricing.
* SMS/MMS port
is under license (port/channel) control.
For ExtraFax Enterprise and Standard licenses, SMS/MMS port will be counted as one fax board channel.
For ExtraFax Lite and UltraLite licenses, SMS/MMS port will be counted as one fax modem port.
1. Backup your existing extrafax.nsf and make note of any customizations. In advance of upgrading ExtraFax you should make sure that the design elements in your extrafax.nsf are not marked as "Prohibit design refresh or replace to modify"), otherwise the database design upgrade process may not complete properly.
2. For Brooktrout fax board users, backup the following files from Domino/Notes program directory (Brooktrout 4.9.1 or earlier version drivers), or from C:\Program Files\Brooktrout\Config directory (Brooktrout 5.2 or greater version drivers).
(Skip a particular file if it does not exist)
3. For users of Brooktrout TR1034/TruFax/SR140, if you are currently using Brooktrout 4.7.1 - 6.6.0 driver, please download and reinstall with the latest Brooktrout 6.7.0 driver.
4. Run the ExtraFax setup program to start installing the latest version of ExtraFax. You can perform in-place upgrades. There is no need to un-install the previous version of ExtraFax before installing ExtraFax 8.5.2.
5. You will now be prompted to specify the ExtraFax license key during the ExtraFax Server installation process.
6. Following the installation of ExtraFax, when you start ExtraFax it will automatically upgrade the design of extrafax.nsf (Highly Recommended)
if you have chosen to do so as prompted in the setup program.
7. Following the completion of the automatic design upgrade, manually apply any previous database customizations (if any) to the post office database if necessary.
8. You can manually update the database title from the Basics tab of the Database Properties box to reflect the updated version of ExtraFax.
9. Restart the ExtraFax server and test to confirm that it is running normally.
Download ExtraFax 9.0 for Notes/Domino
Maintenance Plan Descriptions
List of Resellers
ExtraFax Product Page