ExtraFax 7.0.3 is available for download now!
New Product Announcement - January 15, 2009
Extracomm Inc. is proud to announce the availability of ExtraFax 7.0.3. This new maintenance release contains many innovative new features, essential enhancements and critical fixes as described below.
What's New in ExtraFax 7.0.3
* New features and enhancements - This version contains the following useful new features and enhancements:
- Support Domino/Notes 8.5.
- Support Domino 32 bit and 64 bit.
- Enhanced ExtraFax setup program. In-Place upgrade is now supported.
- Customizable inbound Fax/SMS/MMS routed messages.
- Fax/SMS/MMS Approval Work flow.
- Integration with ExtraFax Sametime Bot.
- Support included for the latest Brooktrout drivers. Version 6.0.0 (SDK 6.0.0).
- Adobe Acrobat 9 is now supported when creating Searchable PDF files.
- ExtraFax Client can now be installed on a PC that does not have a Lotus Notes client installed. Supports Print to Fax via the SMTP protocol.
- Internet address translation. Incorporates the ability to send faxes via SMTP using the following syntax: Recipient Name.FaxNumber@fax.company.com.
- Better access control for the ExtraFax configuration documents. It is now possible to restrict who can edit ExtraFax configuration related documents.
- When someone sends a FAX/SMS/MMS outside specified "Delivery Time Range" hours, a delivery delay notification e-mail will be sent to the sender indicating that there will be a delay processing the FAX/SMS/MMS.
- It is now possible to send faxes directly from the ExtraFax Post Office Database (extrafax.nsf).
- Ability to automatically send an SMS notification after an outgoing fax was sent.
- Ability to automatically send an email notification to a specified e-mail address when a fax has been routed.
- Ability to specify local exchange codes.
- Provide a Notes agent for composing and submitting an outbound SMS request through the HTTP protocol.
- Mail-in database loop back port now supported.
- ExtraFax Plug-in for Lotus Notes 8 now installed (if selected during setup) on the server, so that it can be more easily deployed to Lotus Notes 8 clients.
* New fixes and updates - ExtraFax 7.0.3 contains several fixes and updates since ExtraFax 7.0.2:
- More descriptive log messages for Brooktrout TR1034 / SR140.
- Addressed a few reported issues with Diva fax boards.
- Enhanced logging with NSD to capture more detailed human-readable stack trace for debugging purposes.
- Fixed some issues when performing OCR with Adobe Acrobat, which also improved overall performance.
- Added the ability to enable or disable the Web service for ExtraFax API.
- Resolved a problem regarding sending and receiving SMS messages with a Sony Ericsson 530i & 550i.
- Remove extra null character '\0' from recognized barcode text.
- Optimize performance when initiating the processing of new outbound faxes.
- Addressed an error when an incorrect value was set in the $Authors field when sending faxes using the mail-in database approach.
- Fixed a problem when looking up recipient addresses after pressing the OK button in Xtramail client.
- ExtraFax Plug-in for Lotus Notes 8 is now able to support ExtraFax Server running in workstation mode.
For new installation, please:
1. Follow the installation instructions mentioned in ExtraFax Installation Guide.
How to upgrade from a previous version of ExtraFax:
Important: Please make sure you have a valid ExtraFax 7.0.3 license key before upgrading. License keys from any previous version are not compatible.
You can upgrade to this version if you have purchased our Maintenance Plus Plan or Standard Maintenance Plan for ExtraFax 7.0.
Please kindly contact our Authorized Reseller or Extracomm Sales Team at firstname.lastname@example.org for maintenance plan pricing.
* SMS/MMS port is under license (port/channel) control.
For ExtraFax Enterprise and Standard licenses, SMS/MMS port will be counted as one fax board channel.
For ExtraFax Lite and UltraLite licenses, SMS/MMS port will be counted as one fax modem port.
1. Backup your existing extrafax.nsf and make note of any customizations. In advance of upgrading ExtraFax you should make sure that the design elements in your extrafax.nsf are not marked as "Prohibit design refresh or replace to modify"), otherwise the database design upgrade process may not complete properly.
2. For Brooktrout fax board users, backup the following files from Domino/Notes program directory(Brooktrout 4.9.1 or earlier version drivers), or from C:\Program Files\Brooktrout\Config directory (Brooktrout 5.2 or greater version drivers).
(Skip a particular file if it does not exist)
3. For users of Brooktrout TR1034/TruFax/SR140, if you are currently using Brooktrout 4.7.1 - 5.4.0 driver, please download and reinstall with the latest Brooktrout 6.0.0 driver.
4. Run the ExtraFax setup program to start installing the latest version of ExtraFax. New in ExtraFax 7.0.3 is the ability to perform in-place upgrades. There is no need to un-install the previous version of ExtraFax before installing ExtraFax 7.0.3.
5. Following the installation of ExtraFax, when you start ExtraFax it will automatically upgrade the design of extrafax.nsf (Highly Recommended) if you have chosen to do so as prompted in the setup program.
6. Following the completion of the automatic design upgrade, manually apply any previous database customizations (if any) to the post office database (extrafax.nsf) if necessary.
7. Please note that starting in ExtraFax 7.03. you will now be prompted to specify the ExtraFax license key during the ExtraFax Server installation process.
8. Restart the ExtraFax server and test to confirm that it is running normally.
Download ExtraFax 7.0.3
Maintenance Plan Descriptions
List of Resellers
ExtraFax Product Page