Installing ExtraFax Server on a Lotus Notes Workstation
Before you install the ExtraFax Server, you must install and configure the Lotus Client software on a computer that will act as the ExtraFax server. Please refer to the "Lotus Notes Client Installation Guide" for complete step-by-step instructions (Provided by IBM).
1. Please ensure that following guidelines are followed before beginning the installation:
The ExtraFax Server program will be installed in the SAME DIRECTORY as the Lotus Notes client executable files.
Test all new hardware and software to make sure the Lotus Notes client is working before installing the ExtraFax server software.
If you are going to use fax modems, please make sure that your fax modem is working by testing it with a simple communication program e.g. HyperTerminal that comes standard with Windows 2000/XP Professional/2003.
If you are going to use a Brooktrout/GammaLink/Dialogic/Donjin/Eicon fax board, please make sure that you can use the diagnostic tool from the specific fax-board manufacturer to send and receive faxes successfully with your fax board. If you are not able to send or receive faxes successfully, ExtraFax will not be able to either.
Make a backup copy of the following files on the Lotus Notes client: NOTES.INI, NAMES.NSF.
3. In Windows Explorer, locate and execute the ExtraFax Setup program.
4. The ExtraFax server installation wizard will guide you through the rest of the installation process. Click Yes to ACKNOWLEDGE and ACCEPT all the terms and conditions in the software license agreement.
5. An information (read-me) page will appear indicating:
The recommended program directory;
Steps required to complete the server installation;
Explanation of license key;
Fax board related information.
6. When prompted, enter your name and company name. Click "Next".
7. Select the type of components to be installed, which in this case will be "Server". Click "Next".
Select "Server" to install the ExtraFax Server software.
Select "Client" to install the ExtraFax Client software.
8. When prompted, choose the destination folder where the ExtraFax Server program files will be installed. The installation process will attempt to detect the folder where the Lotus Notes client program files are located. If it is not correctly detected, you may click "Browse" to specify the location. Click "Next".
9. When prompted, choose the destination data folder where the ExtraFax Server post office template (extrafax.ntf) will be installed. The installation process will attempt to detect where the Lotus Notes client data folder is located. If it is not correctly detected, you may click "Browse" to specify the location. Click "Next".
10. Confirm the correct program folder where the ExtraFax program icons will be added into the Start menu. Click "Next".
11. Review all selected settings and click "Next" to confirm the specified settings.
12. Select the fax device type that you have installed in your server hardware and then click the "Next" button to continue the installation. The fax hardware that you select will be saved into a file named "EFInst.ini" located in the ExtraFax program directory. When ExtraFax starts up for the first time, it will read the "EFInst.ini" file and attempt to auto-detect the corresponding types of fax devices.
13. Once the program files are copied, click "Finish" to complete the setup and reboot when prompted.
13. Before starting the ExtraFax server, please ensure that the current Workstation Notes ID has the following access to your Mail Server (as specified in the current Location document):
Create File Access to the Mail Server
Design Access to the Domino Directory on the Mail Server. In particular, the Notes ID should have privilege to create Foreign Domain document and modify Server document.
Without the proper access, the installation will fail and error messages will be logged into the local Notes Log database.
To start the ExtraFax server, choose Start Run from the Desktop Bar, type:
full_file_path\nextrafax.exe [fax_domain_name] [mailbox_path]
[Fax_Domain_Name] is optional and defaults to ExtraFax
[MailBox_Path] is optional and defaults to local Notes data directory Example: c:\lotus\notes\nextrafax.exe extrafax server1/extracomm!!extrafax.nsf
Please remember to launch nextrafax.exe using its FULLPATH, no matter what the current directory is.
14. Upon initial system startup, ExtraFax will automatically create the ExtraFax PO database (EXTRAFAX.NSF) on your Mail Server as specified in the current Location document. It will sign all the agents in the database with your current Workstation Notes ID. Ensure that the current Workstation Notes ID has rights to run restricted and/or unrestricted agents on that mail server. This will allow your ExtraFax server to execute agents successfully.
15. A Foreign Domain document will also be created in the Domino Directory (Names.nsf) on your Mail Server.
16. ExtraFax server will attempt to detect any fax devices attached to the server machine and enable one or more ports accordingly.
17. Open the ExtraFax Post Office box (EXTRAFAX.NSF). Make any necessary changes to the Server Configuration (See ExtraFax Administration Guide for details in configuring the server).
18. In the Domino Directory, open the Server Document for the Domino server that will be hosting the ExtraFax post office database(extrafax.nsf). Proceed to the Security Tab and add the notes ID name that is used on the Lotus Notes client where the ExtraFax server is installed. This example assumes that the user id is called "Fax Server/Extracomm". See below.
For Domino 6 / 7
19. Also add the notes ID name that is used on the Lotus Notes client where the ExtraFax server is installed into the Administrators field of the server document. This example assumes that the user id is called "Fax Server/Extracomm". See below:
For Domino 6 / 7
20. If you have purchased ExtraFax and have already received a License Key string from Extracomm, open the "Server Configuration" document that was created in the Post Office database(extrafax.nsf) and enter the License key string into the License Key (s) field as shown below.
Please note that the License Key has to be entered exactly as given and uppercase/lowercase matters.